The Park, formerly known as North Hudson Park, was established in 1910. It was renamed to honor James J. Braddock, World Heavyweight Boxing Champion from 1935 to 1937. A long-time resident of Hudson County, this “Cinderella Man” was an inspiration to the people of the area, especially during the Great Depression. The park also features the historic former Superintendent’s building. This ornate structure, which is highlighted by classic arches and columns, recently received $100,000 in funds for historic preservation and restoration.